I work at Sunrise Productions in beautiful Noordhoek, Cape Town. I’ve helped produce shows like Team Jay, Jungle Beat, The Explorers, and Munki and Trunk. I’ve just finished producing my first feature film, Jungle Beat: The Movie.
My background is in Computer Science, completing a Bachelor of Science in CompSci and Psychology at UCT. I spent several years working as a developer, then as a development manager, before moving into animation.
I’ve had a life-long passion for technology, media and the creative arts. I’m an avid photographer and love travelling the world in search of visual inspiration. Animation sits squarely at the intersection of these passions – and I still can’t believe I get to make cartoons for a living.
- Producer on Jungle Beat: The Movie (2020)
- Brand Manager on Jungle Beat (2015)
- Producer on Munki and Trunk (2017)
- Producer on Team Jay (2019)
- Associate Producer on The Explorers (2016)
Tim Keller is a producer at Sunrise Productions. He produced Jungle Beat: The Movie (2020, premium VOD. 2021, Netflix). After starting his career as a software engineer, he joined the company in 2014 to work on the 3rd season of Jungle Beat. This award-winning series went on to be broadcast in over 150 countries. He launched the Jungle Beat YouTube channel which has grown to over 4 million subscribers and 2 billions views. He also produced Munki and Trunk (52x7-min, distributed by Aardman Rights), The Explorers (26x2-min) and Team Jay (26x5-min, for Juventus Football Club / Nick Jnr). He’s currently in Pre-Production on an unannounced animated biblical epic.
About this site
This site is published with a variety of simple tools, including:
- Jekyll, the static website framework that runs this site.
- 1Writer and Editorial, two iPad apps for writing that I love.
- Sublime Text, the Mac (and Windows/Linux) app I use when I need to make heavy-duty tweaks to the site.
- Lightroom, where every photo I care about lands up for processing and export.
- Fujifilm X-T2 (Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2.0 WR, Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR)
- MacBook Pro 16” (2019) and MacBook 12” (2017)
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPad Pro 12.9”