Each week, I’ll post eight links that I’ve read and enjoyed in the past week. They’re not intended as a summary of the week, or a particular comment on the news. They’re just things I found interesting. With that, here is the first edition of 8 Links.
- The so-called white slavers at Disney have successfully guided Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be the highest grossing movie of all time. This is the first time in 18 years that a James Cameron movie hasn’t held the top spot.
- Meanwhile, Matty Granger delivered an absolute smack-down in rebutting that Huffington Post article about ‘Force Awakens’ plot holes. It’s beautiful.
- The Penguins of Madagascar explain the intricacies of Dreamworks Animation Studios production pipeline.
- Polygon says MTV’s Shannara Chronicles is the next Game of Thrones. Critics appear underwhelmed.
- Fraser Speirs has sold his MacBook Pro and gone all-in on the iPad Pro. He’s also launching a new podcast later today with Federico Viticci about the success and challenges of using iOS as your primary computing platform. I listened to a preview of Episode 01 last week – you’re gonna want to subscribe to this one.
- Speaking of iOS and apps, Robleh Jama has described how he’s using Medium as a place to present Press Kits for his apps. Smart move.
Have a great weekend!